After a full day of work, before and after school meetings, I was ready to go home. I was slightly happy it was raining, because then baseball would get cancelled and I could stay home. My wish came true. Although now we have to make up the game so what was I thinking?! I was in sweat pants and a cozy sweater about 10 minutes after I got home. I never change into "home" clothes that early, I always have some errand to run. But tonight I told myself I wasn't going anywhere if I didn't have to. So I didn't. Yeah. I need to go get the nurses a gift, that will be on the way home tomorrow...no other option. Instead of grocery shopping, ball games or laundry, I chose to take an hour to myself and work on an art project. It felt good. I also made dinner and worked on math with Marley. I am so glad that I didn't run around. I needed a grounded night. It isn't like my family wanted to spend any quality time with me or anything, Dane is off doing homework, reading or playing a computer game, Marley was crafting but a friend and bike took that away, now she is taking a 10 hour shower and bed, and Brad is watching or playing something on his ipad. I am alone. Kind of don't care right now, and didn't when I was working on my project either. It is just funny how the whole house can go off in their own direction. When I was home alone, I was lonely. Now that I am surrounded by people all day, I need a little quiet time. I have never needed that before. Hmm.
Tomorrow is an afternoon field trip outside to Otter Creek. I am sure that is going to make me super tired. I thought about not going, but trading classes didn't seem like a good deal. I love being outside. I will just be smart and not run back and forth all day. Of course we have a game and practice tomorrow night if the weather is good also. Then it is Friday!!! I can't believe it is almost here...it is so routine for me now...but is NOT the new normal. That normal is going to end. I have better things to do on Friday afternoons! (although every Friday until next July I still have to go for a short infusion) I repeat myself a lot on here, but this is for my kids, and grand kids...they will get the idea of what my life was like during this mess and hopefully I will be around to see them all. What will I blog when chemo is over? Hopefully how great I am feeling and how awesome everything is going! And then, the radiation, surgeries and what not...oh, this is going to be a forever blog....omg.
No comments:
Post a Comment