Today I went to see a naprapath after radiation. I didn't really know what to expect. I have only had one positive experience many years ago, and I guess I am looking for magic. I am not sure what I found really, another interesting experience. I am having a lot of those lately. She was located in a chiropractor's office, a Russian chiro as it turned out to be, so I was a little intrigued. I was asked to fill out a pretty extensive form, which I didn't think was necessary, as all of this has to come out of pocket because I don't have any insurance for things like this. That is the bad part. I met the lady, and I think I mentioned earlier, she wasn't very articulate. She also didn't look very professional, rather comfortable, but that's okay I guess. The whole office was rather unimpressive. Still, I had hopes. I am wiling to try just about anything at this point. She took me to her room. It was a mess and not pleasant, but then again I wasn't there for a massage or spa treatment...had to keep an open mind. I ran through my story as quick as possible and we decided that the sleep issue was the first thing to be worked on. She did some weird stuff to me, all very light and not invasive. She did some craniosacral therapy...yeah-had no idea either...still kind of don't. The appointment was about an hour, she said she aligned my C1, what ever that is and whatever she did should make me tired and possibly help me sleep. She said she thinks 6 sessions is what she would like to have in order to make a difference....I will see. I want to see how I feel after I try a bunch of things...before I commit to driving a half hour away and doing this kind of treatment. I am always open and skeptical...that is how I am. I am tired, and I got tired right after she did what she did, so maybe she is on to something...
Didn't get home until almost 7, that is too long of a day for me. Going to work on my nightly ritual and hope that my craniosacral therapy helps. I have been falling asleep much better in the past week, allowing the Ativan to work better. I have felt a difference in my mind being shut down a lot more than usual, which is a great thing. I have to try and sort which things work and which work better...so far we have yoga, massage and naprapathy. Tomorrow is counseling...if I can dump a bunch of crap out of my head...I may be a new woman by the weekend-wishful thinking....I can dream...and dream big....Maybe I can start wearing flower necklaces and shave my head like a monk...oh, that is a BAD idea....been there and done that! No thanks! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment