17 Down. 16 to go. Over the hump. Yeah. Today's session was loooonnngggg. I got there and had to wait. I tried to ask the lady ahead of me how long she was waiting but she only said, "Sorry, I no understand." I think she was Polish. I thought to myself, how flippin' scary is that? You are in another country where you don't speak the language and are receiving crazy treatments...do you even fully understand what they are doing? Hell, I speak English and don't fully get it all. I am sure she isn't ignorant, it just made me think. I waited.
Finally it was my turn. First I was treated and then I was in for the planning session...what is that again you ask? Well, it is when they hover over you, move you, draw on you, take a zillion x-rays, call the doctor in and make sure it all is perfect. It also is about an hour of lying still in the exact same position...the uncomfortable one. They asked me if I cared if their physicist, Ron or Ross, or something like that came in and watched. I asked, being me, "Is he hot?" They giggled of course and told me that he was already in the room, and that he was married. My reply was, "You didn't answer my question, and I don't care if he is married, is he hot?" Their reply was more giggling...I asked this man, who spoke on the left side of me, to come around and introduce himself. I don't like people working on me if I cannot even see their face once. He did. Nice guy, not my type. :) So I had 3 technicians, on physicist and the radiologist all doing what it is they do. Seriously labor intensive and super technical. My doctor wanted everything perfectly clear and down to the mm of even the pen marks...you go girl!
I was happy when I was done.
Tonight was yoga night here at home. Ursula is working on restorative yoga with me in my yoga room downstairs....finally the room is getting its proper usage. It was good. She knew I didn't want super easy yoga, but also that I have some limitations....Hopefully in a few months I will be strong again...enough to get surgery and weaken again....then up...then down....Oy! It was good for the both of us...and so easy to get to. :)
TGIF for tomorrow....not sure why, but a weekend is always nice. I am feeling so much better, and even less tired during the day. A few plans here and there this weekend to get back in the full swing of a social life, balanced with resting and doing the things that need to be done around here....
Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Oh Donnanne - this news is great! Let's hope for many more like this - I wish I could help you sleep - I am glad that you are feeling what appears to be good! :)
ReplyDelete