Monday, November 4, 2013

Pressing Forward

I am still coming off of how proud I am of myself for this past weekend. I know it wasn't a marathon or that big of a deal, but for me it really is.  I have done so many things over these months that have pushed me to limits, and all of them have been out of my control.  This was a mental challenge more than a physical challenge-setting me back on the fighting side of things...fighting to get my mind and body under my control...I am taking it back.  I may not be able to control what happens to me, but I can control how I react to it.

Speaking of my body, I have noticed that my left rib cage looks larger or swollen. I asked today at radiology and they only could say that it may look larger than the other side. It doesn't hurt at all and I have no trouble breathing.  They said to talk to the doctor on Wednesday. I have also noticed that where my ribs stick out above it, the scar line, the radiation area looks deepened. I am wondering if the skin is tightening and then making my ribs look distended.  Joy. Another deformity.  Since it doesn't hurt, I am not too concerned, except it looks pitiful.

After radiation, I grabbed Marley from Girl Scouts and dropped her off at gymnastics.  Then I went to yoga at the Living Well Center with my friend Ursula.  Ursula is volunteering time teaching yoga as part of her certification process.  She wants to work with me on restorative yoga at home as well as meditation to get me healthy in the head.  I am up for it all.

Dinner and kids in bed.  When I came home Brad was playing Monopoly with the kids, they are on a kick with that game!  Gotta love it.

Tomorrow after radiation, I am going to meet the naprapath.  I will get an initial consultation and treatment of some sort. Not sure what I am in for, but it is worth a whirl.

I am tired.  Could be coming off the weekend still, a busy evening, the yoga, the time change or a combo of all of the above.  It is good to be tired, the meds work better.   Going to hit the hot nightly shower and curl into bed and hope that the sandman cometh.

No comments:

Post a Comment