Friday, September 6, 2013

10!!

I did it, it's over, I did it, it's over....number 10! Whoo-hoo!!! I am so thrilled to be down to 2! Yahoo!

I took a 1/4 day with a sub because I had a long appointment with doctor visit and Herceptin. Doc was running behind so Brad and I went over to talk to the ladies at radiation.  I  was schmoozing  the receptionist that I will bring her bribes of chocolate or whatever she wants if she can help me get the latest appointment.  She loved the idea of chocolate and then told me she was only filling in for two days. Damn.  She went to get a radiology nurse and she told me about when to make an appointment with the doc, that there will then be a "set up" appointment where they get everything lined up, then I will start.  She told me that they will work with me to get me as late as possible in the day and on some days or weeks, they go into early evening.  I told her I was stressing out about working and making treatments. She told me that she is treating several teachers right now and they are helping accommodate people who are working.  She told me not to worry.  It was a huge relief. Maybe it will work out perfectly and I can just go after work, come home and move on.  It will be a pain due to it being 35 times.  I don't even want to start the countdown on that, it will suck for a long, long time....I will think about that in a few weeks.  I can ease my mind a bit.

Doc was quite impressed with my hair, nurses too.  She also thought I was crazy when I asked if I should assume all this chemo worked. She was like, "yeah, duh".  but didn't say the duh part.  She told me that after chemo I will be on surveillance and see her every three weeks, then graduate to six weeks, then to three months, to six months to yearly.  Okay.  Sounds good.  She was happy that I wasn't reporting any new side effects.  Just my two favorites:  insomnia and weight gain.  Yippie!  I gained steadily again.  Glad I have only two more.  Oh well, could be worse.  This time I wasn't a total wreck and cry. I was kind of like, whatever.  I knew it was coming.  It has been steady and is a side effect of this drug.  Couldn't they make a drug with side effects of growing lush hair, weight loss to your best bmi and maybe something else, like you now get a talent.  You know, you all of a sudden can sing, draw or play an instrument.  That would be cool. I'd like to play the banjo.  I should try, maybe I can.

Brad tagged out Kristin who was my buddy today and made me make rainbow loom bracelets for Debby's fundraiser. If any of you want to help her out, even with 5 bucks, she pledged 1500 for breast cancer while running the Chicago Marathon in October.  Here is how:  You google marathonforthecure and it takes you to the Susan B. Komen site.  Then you click on the Chicago Marathon. Then you go to Donate to a Participant.  Then you put in Debby Nelson.  That is it. Donate one coffee's worth!  I think she has 700 dollars to go.  If each of average amount of daily readers donate one dollar to her, that would be about 100 bucks.  That would help! Go Debby!

Anyway, chemo went fast, and the nurses are very enjoyable to talk to.  I then ran home, grabbed a few things, had to go to Jewel, of course I had to bring a snack, then went to softball game, and late dinner and now home. Ready to drop. Softball for Mars at noon, Dane at noon two. Divide and conquer.  Then rest. That is the plan.  Long week.  It was all good.  I am very optimistic about a lot of things.  It is good to feel good.  Good night.

Here is the link:  I tried and it worked. Let me know if it doesn't.  Thank you all!
http://www.info-komen.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HQ_MFTC_Home

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my fund raising!! I'd like to say it's all for Donnanne, which is how it started. However, the reality is I am linked to FIVE WOMEN within the past six months, all of whom HAVE GIVEN UP BOTH BREASTS to save their lives. Sounds dramatic, and it is. What the heck??

    If you are interested, here is a link directly to my page:
    http://www.info-komen.org/site/TR/MarathonfortheCure/HeadquartersSite?px=14083314&pg=personal&fr_id=2935

    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Like Donno said, a little goes a long way! This has to end!

    P.S. Only two more - WooHoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess you have to copy the link... : )

    ReplyDelete