Here I sit on the eve of my last chemo, kind of hard to believe. After tomorrow, I should (hopefully) never, ever, need chemotherapy again. Never. Please let that be true. I am home with Marley, she had practice and the boys are still at a game and it is 8:45 p.m. I decided not to go because I was extra beat after work today. We went on a field trip outside for the afternoon, and it was hot and ridiculously humid. We had to walk to the furthest area and I was just beat by the time we were done. I had considered not going, but then I told myself I could do it. I did. But I couldn't do a game after her practice too, something had to give.
While on the trip I talked to a parent who is a bc survivor of four years. Her and I had a good talk and she kind of has the same attitude as I do. Get it over with, and move on. She looked great and said everything is good. A positive conversation. Another parent asked me a weird question, she asked, "How did you feel when you found out you had cancer?" That is a strange question. Nobody has asked me that before. I told her I felt "devastated" but not shocked. She asked because she is preparing herself for the worst, family history of cancer. I am not sure you can prepare yourself. I guess you can just be less shocked if it happens, but when it does, it is completely surreal and you just start floating through a darkness and lose control. I didn't tell her that, she may have thought I was a little too wacky.
I went and bought my favorite nurses some yummy chocolates, I hope the three I like best are there. They have really treated me like a friend. They understood that I am someone who just wants in and out and done. They are kind and understand, yeah, I know, that is their job. Then they are good at it.
My post last chemo celebration is a baseball game. Argh!!!! I was thinking a nice dinner would be in order, nope. Dane and Brad have a game so Marley and I will meet them at the field when were done. I probably will take her for ice cream or something for being a trooper and sitting with me for 2 hours of nothing. I am glad she is going, I think it is important for her to see what I have/am doing. I asked if she was going to be okay with it and she said she "had no idea" if she will be or not. Good answer I guess.
Signing off...next blog I will not be a chemo patient anymore. Yahoooooooooooooo!
Donnanne - we're all celebrating with you (in spirit!!!) today! I'm sooooo happy for you that you are going to be done with the nasties today. You've taken the worst of what they could give you, chewed it up & spit it out, all with a wink & a laugh. You're amazing, and we all are so proud of you for making it through. I'm glad you & Marley get to have your special time today. The pic you posted with your 'micro pixie' is really cute - you sport it well. I'm so excited for you to move on & get back the energy you've been zapped of for so long. Lots of love & hugs!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete