Friday, September 20, 2013

I'm Done, I'm Done, I'm Doney Doney DONE!!!

Yeee-Haw!!!  Chemo is over, repeat...OVER!!!!!!  Whoo-Hoooooooo!  A heavy sigh of relief.  Thank you to everyone who has supported me and sent me strength-it worked, I made it through.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!! (p.s. don't go far, not done yet)

I started the morning with Starbucks and a surprise of a large bunch of balloons and a goody bag of drinks and snacks!  No better way to start a Friday!  Then we had a luncheon at work...continuing to be a great day.  Then I left to grab Marley at school and headed to chemo.  I was ready and just wanted to get it over.  Marley sat and colored some pictures and hung out with me, and was shy of course. She liked the snacks. :)  We also made some rainbow loom bracelets.

It went without a hitch, great counts and the time flew by.  I was even rewarded with a diploma for graduating through chemo!  Gonna turn that into some graduate credit hours I hope.

I had two of my favorite nurses there and another came by to say hi.  I gave out my chocolates and thanked them for helping me through everything.  I couldn't have done it without them and their kindness.  I am hoping to catch up with them for a drink in the near future.  I will see them on and off until July, but I will miss their support-not the infusions.

When I was done I texted quite a few friends that I was done, I was singing "I'm Done" in the car over and over.  I was just so relieved and happy.  I promised Mars some custard so we stopped and got her some food.  Came home, couldn't figure out food for me so I had a hand full of trail mix and headed to the game.  I wanted a nice celebratory dinner and all I got was a cold, losing baseball game.  Oh well, life goes on.  That's the plan anyway.

Home now and chemo tired and adrenaline drain working overtime.  Should eat something for dinner but don't want to make anything...I think I will just start celebrating everyday...so there is tomorrow.... YEAH ME!  I DID IT!!!!!  hugs to all!

 Mom & Daughter
The last of the chemo!

1 comment: