That weekend went fast! I swear we had an extra day but somehow it flew by and it is now 9:35 p.m. on a Monday... Wow.
We left Friday for a long weekend at the cabin. Columbus Day weekend has always offered up beautiful weather and an extra day. We did what we wanted and nothing all that productive. We went to a Harvest Festival and had campfires. Brad and I had an archery contest, which I lost, but not by a ton. Plus, this was the first time I had shot since February. We had to lighten my pull, but I shot, which made me happy. I deserve some extra points for that! I went for long, quiet walk alone, played Farkle, painted rocks, drew, planted walnut trees (throwing walnuts), read, and basically relaxed. The kids spent most of their time in a tree in the forest. I wasn't for how high they were, but who am I to ruin their fun? I had a walkie talkie in case there was an injury...thank goodness there wasn't. On the way home we continued our tradition of stopping at a corn maze, which we did in 36 minutes! Not bad, considering they don't have the flags taller than the corn anymore so the look out was not helpful. We visited the animals, bought some cookies and then went to one of our fave pizza places for dinner. Traditions are good. Family time is even better. Oh, and we listened to 2 hours of Startalk on podcast. We all learned so much about salt. Yep, astrophysics and salt. Interesting.
We got home at 6:15, and Dane had to be at his first play meeting/read through at 7:00 p.m.-with a parent. So... I jumped in the shower, got dressed, Dane did the same and off we went. Two hours later we are home. Long day, but still everything is going so quickly. He doesn't have a ton of lines, but thinks the play is good and is excited to be in it. You have to start somewhere! I am very proud of him.
Another week starts, but it will start on Tuesday, that is a bonus too! For me, this week brings a Friday of medical doings. I have Herceptin then the psych for my sleep issue, which has improved somewhat since I have been off the chemo. I still take the Ativan, but my head isn't nearly as "awake" as it was when I had the steroid with the chemo. Thank goodness...there is hope for me and my sleep.
On another note, I was texting with Debby, she finished the marathon and she reached her pledge goal! Thanks to everyone who helped her with that! It means a lot to us, and really is for all women.
Here is to a good week, a good night's sleep, a good cup of coffee and everything else needed that's good! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment