Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday

I have decided to return to my blogging for a number of reasons, but mainly right now because it is dreary and I am bored.  It's not like it was another wasted day, we got up and went to the flea market and walked around. I bought one creepy doll, one creepy doll head and a nice sweater from someone who had a boutique shop/sample sale items.  Nothing major. It was cool, sunny and crisp. Just the perfect temp to walk around looking at treasures, crap and handmade goods.  After that we ran home, fed the kids and took them to auditions for a local theater play.  This was the first experience of auditions so Brad and I stayed the whole time which was 2.5 hours long.  There were about 40 kids and not nearly that many parts.  There were definitely kids who have been there before and know the ropes.  I am proud of my kids for just trying out.  If they make it great, if they don't, totally fine with that also.  They said it was going to be 3-4 times a week until the play in December. Yikes. Plus, it isn't after school, it is after dinner! I am going to have some tired kids if this happens.  Good experience either way.

As for me I am doing alright. I am sore again because I am off chemo.  The healing process is going on again and I am tight and uncomfortable.  I really don't enjoy always feeling crappy.  Tomorrow I have the Mugga (or Muggle scan as Karen calls it) and then I meet with the radiologist.  This should give me a plan for radiation, and a schedule I hope. I have a feeling there will be a lot of juggling going on in the next few months.  I do feel like I am getting more energy back, feeling a little more like myself.  I cannot overly exert myself, but more like the multitasking, want to do things old self.  Maybe this will help wear me out, being just me can be tiring.  I am still bummed about the sushi incident, what a waste of food and money!  I have no desire to try again anytime soon.  The last time I had sushi was the day I found out I had BC.  Think I am that crazy that I could manifest a distaste for sushi because of that?  I don't think so,  because I was looking forward to it.  Maybe just didn't settle right.  Oh well.  I would be sad if I was turned off by other foods too...however, maybe it would do my waistline good.

Anyway, that is all that is going on really.  Trying to get by mentally and physically.  Trying to stay sane, be mom, be wife, be teacher, be friend, take care of a house and be me.  I take it treatment by treatment. I don't like the day by day thing, that seems super bleak.  I need larger chunks, bigger hurdles to conquer and then say, I did that.  It is over.

Hoping for the best for everything and everyone.  I have to be my blood type. BPositive.

Forgot to hit publish when I wrote this around 4 p.m.- was so bored I baked muffins and cupcakes.  I also made homemade tortilla chips, because we had avocados that needed turning into guacamole. Nothing like standing in front of the stove deep frying tortillas.  Not sure what I was thinking.  It was a busy and full day.  Yes, I am tired...but see the change in energy level?  I wouldn't have made it through a day like this last weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment