Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Burnt Out...

My days are getting long...partially because of how dark it is so early, but mainly because my radiation treatments are taking a lot longer.  My time is supposed to be fairly quick, but they continue to have trouble lining me up...not sure what the problem is.  Today they took weekly x-rays and I met with the doctor. I was there for almost an hour and a half!  That is a long time.   I go in during the day, and come out when it's pitch black...taking a toll. Today was number 21.  12 to go.  I know, I am over the hump and moving on...but I just keep going to the same place everyday and it is getting old.  I will be there even more over the next week:
Thursday-regular treatment.
Friday-extra long appointment because doctor is going to do some boost treatment along scar line. This treatment is only done by her.  I guess it is a one time deal.
Saturday-off
Sunday-Treatment, yep...Sunday
Monday-7:30 a.m. treatment before my 12 hour parent teacher conference work day.
Tuesday-regular treatment
Wednesday-7:30 treatment, and 9:00 Herceptin
Thurs-Sun-off...thank goodness....

So much.  December 9th is my last day.  As much as I don't want time to fly by, I am looking forward to the end of this. I know people say that radiation is a breeze-maybe because you don't loose your hair or have the other side effects. However, it in itself, isn't a piece of cake. My skin is burning and tight and I am constantly itchy.  No, I am not throwing up. No, I don't have other horrible things, but this still kinda sucks.  I also found out that the one technician who has been with me from the start leaves on Wednesday and won't see me through my treatments.  I guess they rotate the techs between River West and Rush-Copley...that's too bad-people become your security blanket too.

Enough of radiation talk. 
Full day tomorrow...I have Reiki and therapist in the evening.  Should come home relaxed and stress free....fingers crossed....

1 comment:

  1. you have come a long way you should be praised for you resilience

    ReplyDelete