Friday, July 26, 2013

1/3 Done! Oh So Fun!

This little piggy went to the market...
This little piggy ate everything the other piggy bought at the market...
and gained 3lbs in the last three weeks....
and went waa, waa, waa, all the way home....

3 pounds in three weeks of Taxol!  I finished number 4 today and have 8 more lbs, I mean treatments, to go... ouch!  This is a wake up call. Ha ha! Wake up call, like I sleep....

We discussed how I am fighting fatigue from chemo as well as insomnia.  I have a double whammy of sleep issues going on. So yes, I am not exercising, but it really isn't my fault. I am not trying to be lazy, I just don't have a choice. I still eat well, but I also say yes more to treats like gelato and biscotti. I don't feel that I should not savor the good things in life.  But the lack of exercise is not helpful.  So now I have to fight the fatigue harder. I have to do something more active each day even if it is painful.  I am going to reset my Fitbit and hold myself accountable for increasing my steps each day and my activity rate.  Trust me this is frustrating.  I have to work harder at everything to get back to looking like me and I guess this is one of the only things I have a little control over.  Come school I will have very little free time to do anything, especially once radiation starts so I need to nip this in the bud now.

Overall she checked me out and my lungs are clear and my throat had no sign of infection so my cold was just that, a cold.  Never got worse. Thank Goodness.  My counts are all in the safe and normal zone. Even up a tenth or so here and there and that makes me happy.  We are still on track. I have more Ativan and am going to try Ambien CR a longer release drug.  Ambien makes me nervous, but I will give it a try.

After meeting with the doctor, Brad and Debby tagged out and she sat with me.  It was a long one, I had Herceptin today and thought it was only a half hour, and it was an hour. All the next ones will be 30 minutes.  Kristin had given me some hobo teeth, and when the nurse asked if I needed anything, I replied, "yes a toothbrush".  She laughed aloud, loudly. He he.

We were both hungry afterwards so we went for yummy sopes at my favorite Mexican place and filled up. I figured this one out too...eat a good meal after chemo, even if tired and I won't go home and snack on random stuff that never fills me up and makes me feel like a ravenous pig.  I am still full and I ate 5 hours ago.  I may have a yogurt before bed but that's about it.

I am super tired and rested on the couch for a couple of hours. Brad took Marley to dinner and came home with flowers, chocolate and some cookies that Marley told Brad I wanted.  I didn't even mention cookies, I don't even like those kind!  She scammed him totally. Ha! 

I have a mini second wind- going to read.  I picked up the last two books in a series that I had started.  I refuse to read anything sad-real or fiction.  I don't want to add any drama to my life. I am reading the Autumn series, nothing heavy...zombie apocalypse, that's all.  No dead dogs, no heartbreak, or disease...( actually a lot of that, but everyone is just about dead) just total annihilation of the human race... much better... equal playing ground...except for the few survivors...dun,dun, dun........

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Thoughts and prayers are sent daily. I am so sorry that your humor and your self confidence are being tested. I have always admired your very clear sense of self. Your positive outlook on life has been an inspiration to me. I know you are a fighter and will come out of this stronger than ever. It just saddens me that you have to go through it at all. Love from all of the Montesano's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss You! Thinking of you guys also!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete