Last night was one of the worst attempts at sleeping yet. I think the Taxol is my evil sleep nemesis. When it hit 1:30 and I was still wide awake I went downstairs to see what Brad was doing up so late. He was watching some movie and was still not ready for bed. I told him now or another room. He chose another room. So Marley stayed with me and Brad slept in the pretty pink bed. When it hit 2:30 I was done... I grabbed an Ativan and hoped for the best. I hate taking anything that late but I was desperate knowing I had a full day ahead. I think it gave me 2-3 hours. Not enough.
Got up and made Dane and his friend pancakes that looked like them... and dropped them off for some disc golf while I had coffee with Kristin. Then came home, woke Brad up, made Marley get dressed (see what happens when Mom leaves) and started double checking all that was needed to hit the road to Davenport.
We left around 1:45 and got here about 2 hours later. No offense to anyone who has ties with Davenport, but this is one sleepy ghost town. There's nothing here but the river. There's a casino, but not our style. We found a brew pub ate and then wandered around looking for anything. Nothing. Everything was closed. The best part was driving around looking at the amazing old houses that were once beauties in their heyday. Now many are run down and dilapidated. Very sad. We found this one mansion on a hill for sale, I went up to it and looked in the windows and fell in love, it is a 6200 sq ft. Colonial Revival... only 349K, but needs work. The fireplaces, moulding and grand staircase were amazing. Now if I could just transport this house out of Davenport I would make it mine.
We came back to our hotel and let the kids swim in the loud and rowdy pool for an hour. Now we are all chilling in the room. Nothing exciting here. I have a stupid cold, I am ridiculously tired and I am ready for bed.
Tomorrow we take Dane to Augustana to head off to camp. I know I am going to cry this time. He is going farther than he has ever gone and I will miss him. Being tired won't help, I may be a wreck. I know he will have fun and the Camp Kesem people have been really great so far....until tomorrow....
No comments:
Post a Comment