Saturday, July 6, 2013

Feeling Lucky

Thanks to all of you out there sending me good karma, prayers and wishes... it worked!  So far so good. I have had no nausea or any immediate side effects from yesterday's Taxol.  It is unbelievable.  If this was an AC I wouldn't even be able to blog. What an improvement!  I didn't sleep at all last night, I couldn't stop thinking. I don't know if that is a side effect or an anxiety of the drug kicking in. Either way,  I am feeling hopeful about the next 12 weeks.  I know that I have a lot of unknowns, but I am hoping that I will get lucky and make it through without any of the bad ones.  I am especially concerned about losing finger and toenails...seems awfully painful. I bought some Burt's Bees cuticle cream, cut my nails short and bought some clear polish for strength, just like the nurse told me to do.  I would also like to keep eyebrows and lashes...but at this point it seems like there is a potential to loose just about anything.  It only gets crueler...Next year I will look like a totally different person...Can't wait for that.  I have thoughts on my new look...Time to reinvent myself, since some is being done for me.

I have to get another MUGG scan in the next two weeks. The AC is hard on the heart and they need to compare my heart before and after to make sure they didn't do too much damage.  The Taxol isn't good for my heart either.  What can I do?  I do what they say is best for me now, and hope that I have a strong heart.  Which I had before we started.

On the home front, Dane and Brad won their last regular season game, they are  13-0-Undefeated!  Good for the boys.  Dane is off having a blast with Jacob and his family at their lake house.  We took Marley to dinner and was going to see a movie, but she came down with a tummy ache so we red boxed it instead.

Thanks again for getting me through this... I know there are a lot of you out there. Why won't you just click the button and be a follower?  I don't send out alerts or anything. I just would love to know who my support crew are so I can give you a hug the next time I see you... and say Thank You!

Enjoy your Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment