Sunday, July 14, 2013

150

I know, I know, you are thinking it is awfully arrogant of me to be posting my IQ....but actually, this is my 150th blog entry instead.  Yeah, I know.  When I started this blog it was for me to keep family and friends informed of what was going on so I didn't have to explain myself over and over. The blog continues to serve that purpose, however it has become such a nightly ritual for me, that it will serve as my "scrapbook" of this phase of my life.  Many of you know I love to take pictures and make albums, but I would have never expected that I would have such a detailed and consistent memory of such a difficult time in my life... I am hoping that I can look back on this in 30 years with a glass of wine and smile...and thank myself for doing it.

The best thing about the blog itself is that it is serving the purpose I intended.  I wanted to be able to see my friends and family and not discuss all the crap and whatnot that I an going through. When I see people who read this blog, we don't spend time going over the typical, "how are you doing" routine. They already know.  We can move on to other things like socializing and laughing.  It really has eliminated a lot of repeating and explaining.  For that reason, I am selective in my social settings. I don't like explaining my "story" to fringe people.  The people who care are you... the one's reading this right now... Hi! :)  Anyway, 150 entries seems a lot.  It is a lot.  I am on my fourth month of this speed bump, but it seems a lot longer.... I hope to continue this journal until I am done with my last Herceptin next July... I am doing this for me, so don't worry, you don't have to read it for another year....

I was really tired again today.  We are watching my fatigue closely.  We are hoping that it is only the weekends, so when school starts by Mondays I should be okay again.  We will see tomorrow.  Now is the time to gauge what needs to be done to build my stamina and take care of myself at the same time.  I would rather have the fatigue on the weekends than the nausea.  Still working on relaxation and meditation for sleep and relieving stress.  These will be important skills for me over the next several months.  Especially when it comes time to go back to work...My brain works stronger and faster than my body right now, I need to find the balance. Just like the eyes are too big for the stomach...

Weekend has come to an end.  Nothing major got done and I guess that is okay.  We had dinner with David and kids tonight, another wonderful meal with great company...although we missed Heidi!  Tomorrow the kids are presenting their work at the Kane County Fair for 4H.  Dane has to bake his Grand Champion breakfast cookies in the morning for the judges.  It is going to be a busy day for all of us.... I hope I can keep up...oh wait... I am the driving force of course!  Yikes...

No comments:

Post a Comment