I hope everyone had a safe and Happy Fourth of July!
I started this beautiful day with a coffee date with Stephanie at Grahams. Good coffee and conversation, sitting outside...it is like being on a mini getaway...I totally forgot about that coffee shop until I drove by it... I will need to visit it more often.
Came home and did a lot of nothing. I am trying to sleep on my own, but I know that I am waking super early and having interrupted sleep. I am getting a few z's because I am having odd dreams that have different friends in each night... and I remember only one little bit from them in the morning. Even so I am still tired, lack of sleep tired.
Went to a pig roast at Karen's. She had a lot of guests show up, at one point I almost left. I thought it was going to mostly be neighbors, then a lot of people I didn't know showed up. I love to socialize, it is just way different right now. If it were all my friends, I wouldn't have to talk about any of my stuff, or be looked at sideways. I kind of stayed in a safe zone and hung with neighbors. I had to talk a little about it to some acquaintances that wanted to know how I was, so I made a few jokes, left it lighthearted and tried to change the subject. Overall it was a nice party and reinforces how much I want to be the old me. When everyone says it will change you forever...I am not sure I want to be changed. I enjoy being social and having fun.... I miss that part of my life. I love goofing around and going to get togethers. I do really appreciate living in a neighborhood of wonderful and supportive friends. I am very lucky that I have that. I feel comfortable with them and they know I am still me.
Went to the fireworks afterwards. Almost had to leave. My stomach did some funky back flips and I didn't know what to do. I was about a half mile from home and didn't think I could make it. Walked it off a bit and stayed for the show. Kids tired. Dog freaked out at home...Time for bed for all.
I have to be honest and say that I am nervous about tomorrow. Anytime there is something new it freaks me out. I am mostly nervous having an allergic reaction while getting treated. If I get one, it will be something that sticks with me and will hit my gag reflexes for days after, which could make me sick. Since I had the freaky hand itching and rash on the AC, I should get a break on this drug. Especially because I have to do it 12 times. Here is where I ask all of you to send that karma, good luck and prayers my way. I need this to be the "breeze" I had heard it was. Whatever it is I can do it. I would like it to be easy so I don't have to work so hard on feeling good...I need to channel that energy into growing me some luscious locks......
Until tomorrow....
No comments:
Post a Comment