Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Oh Man...

Last night after I was done blogging I went upstairs to get ready for bed. I went in my bedroom removed my scarf and hat and washed up.  Then I was needed in the hall by Marley about sleeping arrangements.  I walked out in the hall and started discussing it with Marley, Jenny and her two daughters. I reached up to scratch my head and realized that I was without head covering. I freaked. I just started crying. I wanted nobody to see me like this except my little family. Nobody eluded to me not being covered up, I had no idea.  I asked Marley why she didn't tell me and she said she didn't notice...I understand that because she is used to me.  Jenny and the girls are another story. I just needed to keep that to myself, it was really hard for me and I wish it didn't happen, but it did.  I was off my game I guess, not used to company at bedtime...tired from the sun, hot... whatever the excuse, it happened.  I know, deal with it....I am.

Today was so blazing miserable that we kind of lounged around the house all day. Jenny left around noon and then we watched some Cake Boss which inspired me to bake. Yes bake on this 95 degree day! I looked at some recipes on Pinterest and found a chocolate chip cookie pie that looked easy and tasty. I made it.  It is really rich and very tasty. Something to do.  Dane and I wanted to get out of the house for a bit because we were stir crazy,  plus we got our Frisbees for disc golf in the mail today.  We headed to a disc golf course to try a few holes. This course is full of trees so I thought we could handle an hour. Nope. We did about 4 holes and a few minutes of putting practice before my hands started getting puffy.  Too hot. We bailed. Fun while it lasted. About an half an hour.  We need it to cool down.  Or snow.

Tonight we retreated to the basement for Harry Potter 4.  Nice way to stay cool.  I am not feeling on top of my game this evening. For the past few days I have had a weird pain near my left side but almost around to my back. If feels like a pulled muscle, and I think it happened while sleeping.  My chest feels tighter, scar area not like I am having a heart attack.  I am also feeling a bit of a sore throat. So of course I feel like all hell is breaking lose and something bad is happening.  Most likely I have a pulled a muscle, maybe another layer of scar tissue and healing is going on to make me feel tightness and maybe I am getting a cold. OR... Maybe I am not getting sick and the in and out of heat and air conditioning is just irritating my throat.  That is the rational side of me that I am going to try to listen to.  I will give my pain a few more day and do some more stretching and see if I can make it go away.  I need to go to see the surgeon for a check up soon so I will address it with her if it isn't gone.  I have that bit of paranoia that something bad will happen, especially when I think things are going so good, I feel good and am happy.  Let's just go with the rational version...

No comments:

Post a Comment