Friday, July 12, 2013

Round 2-Done!

 It was an early appointment, 8:45 a.m.  Kristin picked me up, made a stop for coffee and headed in.  I had a new nurse, she was okay.  I like a few of the other ladies a lot more, probably because they know me a little.  One says "Hello your highness" all the time... it is good to be queen.  I got my blood drawn and then the infusion began.  We told the nurse that Kristin was a hobby nurse, she asked what on earth that was...We had a laugh and of course she was not allowed to plug me in, change my drugs or any of the stuff she wanted to.  I think she needs to become a real nurse, she would have way too much fun.  Chemo went off without a hitch.  Benadryl made me hungry and dopey, and that was about it. No infusion reaction again, so it looks like they may be right.  I like it when they are correct, about the good things. 

It is now almost 11 pm. and I feel good.  During the afternoon I hit a wall and became really super tired.  I tried to lay down, but that didn't work, so I just rested for 20 minutes, washed my face, brushed my teeth and moved on.  I did not lose my appetite, nor have any stomach issues so far. I do think the Taxol binds me up, which is a problem, but the coffee, laxative and softener should do the trick.. Mmm. breakfast.

Our pals Kerrie and Howard brought over a full bbq dinner for us tonight and we sat outside and enjoyed the weather and good company.  Laughter is good for the soul.  Here is the kicker of the day. Today is our 16th wedding anniversary.  Kind of didn't really celebrate it.  I didn't want him there at chemo, I don't want that as a memory of our anniversary.  We didn't get each other gifts, so that evens itself out. Believe it or not, I am okay with it.  Really. Just not a big deal right now, and were good and that is the most important thing. In fact I am so okay, and such an awesome wife, that he just asked if he can walk to the bar and meet a couple buddies there... I said Happy Anniversary and yes, go.... I am going to bed anyway...

Here is to another successful round of chemo and my positive attitude towards it for the next 10 weeks.

***Bummer of the day... Doc told me last time that I could have a beer or wine once in a while if I wanted.  I asked the nurse today if I could have one the same day as chemo, or what was the deal with this drug interaction.  She told me the general rule is not 2 days before or 2 days after... crap!  I am on an every 7 day cycle, not much time for a beer, nor on any day that is social?  I get chemo on Friday so that wipes out any dinner drinks with friends all weekend, and that is all I wanted.  Looks like Tuesdays are the new Fridays in my world.... Oh well... just thought it was pretty funny...

No comments:

Post a Comment