I spent another day at home doing nothing. I have to get better and pushing it is not the answer. Marley had a friend over and was entertained which left me to rest and not have to feel guilty for not playing or running around. I did spend some time working on my photo books on the computer. One of the books that I finished today was this blog. I put the entire blog, up to last night's entry, into a book. I added extra photos, things I had on my phone to accompany some of the events that were good over the past 5 months. The only bad thing about the blog to book, is that it skips the comments. As much as I would love to include those, I had to make a decision to continue on this platform and actually finish the book in one sitting. The book is about 150 pages and I am glad that I will have a hard copy for future generations to look back at Great Grandma Donnanne's sucky year.
Each time I work with my photos I get so sad. I look so lively and happy (often goofy making faces) in them. I have a normal body and lots of crazy red hair. When I look at them I see me. When I look in the mirror in real time, it is so not me...it is really disturbing and makes me sad. These superficial things are dumb, and I know it, but it is just like a daily annoyance on top of all the real heavy duty stuff. Just being with my wonderful kids is the most important thing, not what I look like. I don't feel good so it makes things worse. I am not used to being the one to shy away from people and be a wall flower. I love to be the loud, fun one who is just kooky. I miss her and her energy...Come back soon!
Other than that I did nothing. Seriously bored, but lack energy. I think I am getting a little better. I have a lot of weird feelings around my neck, chest, port area... it most likely is due to my cold or due to the fact I am crazy. Not sure.
I actually made dinner tonight. I made stuffed shells and apple crisp. Then Marley and I went old school and played: Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, Perfection and Sorry. We also worked on some art. Getting ready for bed. I miss Dane but have seen just a few pictures of him on the camp page, it looks like they keep the kids super busy. So far there has been: archery (yeah!), swimming, canoeing, crafts, they had an exotic zoo come in, ziplining, tie dying, they had a scientist come in, Hawaiian party, etc... Looks like way more fun than he would be having here! I will be happy to see him even though I know he will be sad that camp is over. He has two and a half days left!
Nothing on the books for tomorrow...keeping it that way until this cold is gone... Friday is chemo and can't miss that.... stay on schedule.... no other option!
No comments:
Post a Comment