All good things come to an end... and that would be my boy's winning streak. They lost tonight. Boo! No taking it all the way and going totally undefeated!. I was wrong in the standings, it was 15-0. But they got spanked tonight. It is what it is, and that's all folks... or until tomorrow when we play for third place. Just not the same.... Both boys are sad, but they just didn't have it tonight, the other team played well, and we have been down 3 of our players for a couple weeks. Oh well, it is little league. :)
This morning I had my Mugga scan. I went alone. I had one of the same technicians from before, she recognized me also. She tapped my vein and drew blood. She left the IV in because, here is what I forgot, they took my blood and mixed it with some nuclear goo and then gave it back to me! Yuck. I should have read my own blog to remember this gory detail. I asked several times to make sure it was my blood. It's just a nasty thought. What if someone sneezed in my blood? Or it got mixed incorrectly? Or switched? Or, or, or!!!! I had to wait awhile for them to make my blood cocktail and then give it back, then the scan. She hooked me up to EKG thingies and started the imaging. She stopped and asked me what else I had in my chest wall. ???? She said she knew I had a port, but there seemed to be something on the other side. She pointed out the "cold " spot. For a moment I thought, oh crap...they left something in me! She moved the camera and asked about a pacemaker or anything else... because I had a HUGE hole directly in the middle of my heart. Then we figured it out. The fakies I was wearing had some metal inside them for weight! I took the bra off and instantly the hole in my heart was healed! Hallelujah! If everything was only that easy. We laughed about it but she felt like she was being tested...she said it was a little eerie. I used my mantra and breathing throughout the whole test and it was rather relaxing. I did well... for me. I was out of there just before noon. Longer than expected. I hope they find that my heart is still in good working order. I would hate one thing to damage another. What do you do then? Cure cancer and have congenital heart failure instead?
I promised Marley I would take her to the quarry with a friend today. It was cheapo day for all the people without passes so it was nutty crowded. I found some shade and watched the girls play and have a blast for a couple of hours. It was a bit crowed for my liking but a promise is a promise. Then we went to the game....and all that is history.
I am still feeling pretty good. I am having a few minor stomach issues here and there, but nothing I cannot handle...and no drugs. I still am not healed from other pain the butt issue, but there has been slight relief. My hair is growing, and it is going to continue to grow and defy all odds and possibly gravity! I can't wait for my crew cut! I am planning my summer off my first round of Taxol. I can't imagine why I would get any new reaction. If I did well after the first one, I should do the same the next. It is the same dosage, never any stronger. That means my weekends should be good and I can move forward with my life... no more couch on the porch-which is good because it is too hot out there. I can feel some fatigue, but I don't do well with that either...I will push through it. I am done being a bump on a log. Time to get moving!
Like Dory from Nemo says: Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
No comments:
Post a Comment