Monday, December 9, 2013

33/33!!!!!!!! Finally Over!!! Huzzah!!!

Doney, done, DONE!!!!  Close book...this chapter is OVER!!!! I am officially done with radiation!  I am officially done with the hard stuff!!! Whoop-whoop!!!!! 9 months ago I had never imagined this day...it was sooooo far away....Now it is here and I am super psyched it is over!

I didn't get a diploma this time, but I got a nice card signed by everyone and hugs.  I brought them a poinsettia and told them I hope to never see them again...they understood.  I saw the doctor and she said to use the burn cream for the next 1-2 weeks until those areas heal.  It will help prevent infection...never thought about infection.  That would be a bummer.  The cream works well, so I am optimistic about it helping all over.  I stop in next week for a skin check.

I was surprised today at work when a beautiful vase of pink lilies and yellow roses came to school...and they were for me!  My friends were thinking they were from Brad, and I told them he had never sent me flowers at work.  I thought they were from my school, because they have been so supportive.  I opened the card. Love Brad. I welled up and lightly cried.  It was so sweet and it is so scary and thrilling to be done with this round of treatment.  I am a mixed bag of emotions. It's overwhelming.  I am exhausted and energized....I love my flowers, and I was surprised.

It was a good thing it was the last treatment and I was happy, because I needed enough energy to get through this evening...I will rest someday when I am 86...until then, life goes on and it is busy.  Marley had gymnastics with the parent night.  I watched her show her moves.  Then we came home to get Dane and went to a 4H event from 6:30-8:00.  Had to stop at Portillos to feed the beasts.  It is now 9:00 and I am wiped.  The best part of today is tomorrow...I get to go home after work. I get to stay after work and do the things I need to, talk to people...not rush!  What a whirlwind...7 weeks of driving Mon-Friday....I am not sure I will go home...I had better put a post it note on my dashboard!

Overall I think my attitude and mood will improve. I have been pretty good, staying strong, but it takes a toll.  Now I want to focus on fun things like birthdays, parties and Christmas!!  Fatigue be gone!  Routine be gone!  Next chapter to begin...Thursday-when I meet with the plastic surgeon.....



No comments:

Post a Comment