Sunday, December 8, 2013

One More to Go....

I have officially declared the radiation burns the second most painful thing of my "journey".  First being the horrible hemorrhoid, which was a nightmare in itself.  But this burn, it is something fierce.  I feel for people who are in accidents or fires, not just the devastation, but the pain.  I could not imagine. I know the burn cream helps, but I want it to be over. I have a few weeks of pain ahead of me... poop.

Tomorrow is the last day. I bought a poinsettia for the techs to say thanks for treating me so well.  I won't miss going back there everyday, I really won't.   I am looking forward to keeping my "d" necklace on, since it has been off for the past 7 weeks. Little things like that will be nice. Oh, and not driving 35 minutes each day after work, that too.

I have a busy week ahead of me. I am trying to push through the fatigue, but it is real. I know I can take off of work, but that doesn't really help much.  I will go to bed early and fight on through. Monday and Tuesday are the busiest, then it slows down...good, need to gear up for the weekend.

Dane had another performance today, Debby, Val and my brother and his girls all went.  He is really enjoying this. It makes me happy that he found another activity he enjoys.  Debby and I went to try to find me a festive outfit or shirt, and I cannot even try things on...so I found nothing. I am ready to be done with this immobility!! Argh!! 

Going to do a few things and head to bed early, even though Brad and I laid in bed quite late today....kind of felt like we were in Wisconsin.  I am telling you, why hadn't I thought of Nyquil earlier?  Only to get me through this cold...

One more day....
One more.

No comments:

Post a Comment