Friday, May 10, 2013

1.1 = no fun!

Here we go again... low wbc count!  Dang nappit!  I went in there all confident that I was to get the go ahead to shop...all I wanted was the okay to go to Target and Trader Joe's.  I miss you guys!  When the counts came back I was at a 1.1!  That was the low score I had before they gave me the Nuepogen. My other count, the one with the name I can't remember, the one for the making of the new cells is at .8.  The nurse said I am not in the danger zone, but the stay away from public, kids and all that again.  She also said most likely I am one of the late bloomers for Nuelasta- that it often takes people 10 days for it to kick in, since it is a longer lasting medicine. Today would have been day 6.  So.... I did not get the go ahead to go to Target.  Boo. ....(Thank goodness for the call from Renee about a TJ's run, I was jonzing for some goodies) I guess this means more house arrest for me.   I was told to take a Pepcid to help my stomach. Today was better.

My plan for next week-chemo wise, if the same... my face is going to feel like it is falling off... I am preemptive lotioning up to counter act some of that.  Then I will continue to feel better and my hair will fall out.. Oh, wait... that can't happen again... Well, actually it can because my entire head is peach fuzz.... So...in my mind, my hair is growing back already!  See, I told you side effects, schmide effects.... I will have long luxurious hair.... right Susan? :)

My mental plan for being on lockdown is to work on Marley's room. I have wanted to but have only started packing up her books.  If I feel good and am stuck here, I am going to have to have a project.  Once I get the go ahead to roam about, I want to go to the booby store and use my prescriptions and get a good set of prosthesis.  Here's the thing.  I have the softies, and a wig...both prosthesis, and haven't even used them once.  I don't know when or what occasion I would need them. However, I have also been on lockdown just about forever and haven't gone anywhere really.  Brad said going to a baseball game or to the doctor's office is public. Well, then I guess I just don't care that much.  I don't know.  I am still going to have them for work and those special occasions, "Honey, crack out the good boobs, where having company!"

Dane is in the play, The Hobbit, right now.  Brad and Marley are there along with a bunch of friends.  I chose to stay home because I thought the afternoon show tomorrow would have less people. Let's hope. I am going to sit far away from everyone, but I have to go.  I asked Dane what he would like me to wear to his play, my wig, a hat...he said, "Wear the bandana Mom, people understand."  Last night Marley wanted to sleep with me and she said don't wear a hat, and I reminded her that she told me that she preferred me to always have something on.  She couldn't remember saying that, looked at me, shrugged her shoulders and said, "Hair? No Hair? Your still my mom"... and then rubbed my peach fuzz and told me I was the best baldy.  Kids are great.  They love you no matter what... unless you ground them from their ipads or say no to a popsicle at 8 a.m.  Just so mean...us moms.. unfair!

Tomorrow is Saturday and believe it or not no games... but Dane has two plays.  I am hoping to do a little something around the house to make me feel somewhat of a productive being-as long as the stomach issues continue to wane.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!  You know where to find me.. I am always home... sad but true... 

No comments:

Post a Comment