If I don't attempt to do this now, I won't have a blog at all. I am down for the count. I feel like shit. This round of chemo is kicking my ass hard. I don't think a 9 hour blood transfusion day helps either. Poor me is how I feel! I can't even make it from one couch to another without throwing up. Since I am empty, it is just that painful dry heaves and stomach goo. Fun times.
Let's back up to yesterday... The hospital called me at about 8 a.m and said they had a room ready for my transfusion. We got there about 9:30 and they started the process. It was fairly slow getting the blood called in and ready, even though they knew I was coming. I didn't actually get hooked up until 11:00. They gave me the blood through my port, but watching it go into me was a little disturbing. It wasn't a big bag of blood, with all the stuff, just the red blood cells. It looked thick. It was kind of gross. I tried not to look. My nurse was very sweet and was with me all day. Once I got going I sent Brad home to take care of the kids. It was already later than expected. I then took a little nap.
Come afternoon I had visitors. First Patty came by for a visit, and then Debby and Kristin. Here are the craziest most loyal friends...on their way to coming to hang with me getting a transfusion, they stopped at the Heartland Blood Center to give blood! Debby some how convinced Kristin to go. Ironically, after they tapped Kristin, Deb found out they wouldn't take her blood because her blood pressure was too low! Nice bait and switch Deb! How about that for supportive friends? I am not sure I would have even thought of that, or have gone...I am not a fan of needles and K had a big old hole in her arm.
Anyway they stayed with me until the end. I was done at 6 p.m. and so tired. The red blood cells are supposed to give me energy, maybe if I just wasn't dosed with chemo the day before. I got home and crawled in bed. I crawled out of bed today at 1:30. Took a super fast shower and hit the couch. Problem is my stomach is so raw I can't even sit up. This is awful. I was on the couch all afternoon, and now I am back in bed and it is 6 p.m. Threw up from room to room. I am trying hard to ride this wave, but it is a monster. I am sending the family to the neighbors for dinner and fun, and I am not moving. I am not eating or drinking, which I know is bad, but it won't stay down. I am trying. I am not whining or complaining, I am merely stating the facts...this sucks.
I hate hate hate that you have to go through this. Yuck & ugh. I know you'll get through - you're a strong fighter. But still... how cruel could the world be to throw this diagnosis your way & then make you endure this crap?? I'm sending as much good juju & healing aura your way as I can. Stay put girlfriend & let your family take care of you. I loved Dane's post. He's an awesome guy, that son of yours. Hugs.
ReplyDelete