Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Afternoon Delight...No, not like that...

Summer showed up today!  Wow...this makes me rethink the mid length wig choice.  I wanted to take a walk today so I started after Marley got on the bus.  I wanted to do a couple of miles in the neighborhood, but after about 10 minutes I realized that I did not put sunblock on my legs.  I did my face and arms and totally missed my legs-and it was hot.  I didn't want to take a chance with the sun so I headed home and quit. I made it only a tad over a mile, which is pretty lame.  Next time I will wear pants or remember sunblock on all exposed skin.  I am learning that I need to think like a vampire...no sun, dark glasses...

The new hair is great.  It is making the thinning process much easier.  I rolled over this morning to a face full of short hair, but I knew that would happen.  I showered, wet my hair and barely touched it with a towel and put a little mouse in it, and bam!  All done.  Hair was wild and ready to go... I have greatly underestimated the power of  short hair for years.... Now that I like my shorty spike, I am losing it quicker.  I am sure by the end of the weekend, I will be as bald as a baby.  For now it is fun, easy and I like it...

The rest of the day I worked on projects around the house. When Brad left for the office for awhile I worked on my photo books. I was looking at photos from last year when Brad and I went to Aruba.  There were a few pics on the beach with wild red hair blowing in the wind and filing out a swimsuit.  Now a year later, I look totally different.  I shed a few tears.  I have transformed.  I feel like I look old and completely not me.  I don't feel that I look old in those pictures just a year ago.  Sniff. Sniff.  Move on... When he came back I went back to work on my enclosed porch. I found some really cool things of my grandparents.  I found a photo book of Chicago from 1905, and a scrapbook that my grandma made of her double wedding, all the cards she got, and when she had her children. The pages are like dust but the cards are all intact and very cool.  I found my great grandparents marriage license from 1912.  They were married on April 3, then my grandparents were married on April 3, and that is also Brad's birthday.  I wish my mom would have done that day also, then I would have had to do it too...

My afternoon was the highlight of the day. I had Kerrie come by for a visit, then Renee came by with a beautiful quilt that Diane from work made me, and all my colleagues signed. Gorgeous.  Then Theresa came by with all these adorable "tags" made by everyone at work with well wishes, quotes and funnies.  It was a real pick me up afternoon.  It is boring being stuck at home going through old papers and cleaning.  I miss my friends and camaraderie of work and socializing.   I am hoping that the shot I believe they will give me for wbc will keep my counts up and I will be able to have a few good weeks between chemo where I can leave my home.  I am like on house arrest without the exhilaration of  doing the crime.  I was talking with Kerrie and I am thinking of taking on a life of crime. I have a bunch of hats and wigs, and can go in disguise and nobody will know who I am.   I need to first figure out the crime spree I want to go on, and then I need to come up with a clever name.... Hmm.  Guess I know how I will be spending tomorrow....Oh, my days are filled with so much to do!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment