Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mixed Bag

Busy day, mostly all in a good way, but I had to fend off a raw tummy all afternoon.  The morning was alright, got Mars off to school, Ride Your Bike to School Day, and had my yogurt.  Hung out playing Words with Friends-against myself....until my pal Susan came for a welcomed visit.  We laughed and caught up and just had a nice time chatting.  Just about lunch time, my stomach started taking a turn.  I made a bland, kid lunch of peanut butter and jelly and laid down.  I am exhausted by now.  I didn't sleep last night and I could feel the slumber crawling in...however, I had a doctor appointment to go to.  Figures.  Up I got.

Still fighting the cramps, we went to see the surgeon.  The appointment itself went well, I am healing nicely, she scrubbed my wounds down...yowza and treated a few of the scabs that are just about done.  She said I looked great and gave me the prescription for real prosthetics.  She also said that the port is just uncomfortable and that after the first big treatments, it may get better. Before seeing her, we were in the waiting room with pregnant ladies, shares with an OB, and other women
for whatever.  You know who I was?  I was the scary lady in the waiting room! I was the black sheep.  I was the one nobody wanted to make eye contact with or worst of all....become.  That holds a lot of power.  As much as I wish I could have made my head rotate 360 degrees to freak people out, I knew I had a responsibility.  That responsibility was to act normal.  I was joking around with Brad, talking like I wasn't nervous or to be pitied (both of which I wasn't).  I had only my bandana on and nothing else to hide my head.  I was the young, normal lady with her husband who must have been dealt a bad hand.  Way better than the pitied, poor thing without any hair.

The tummy ache saga continued.... I had Shelley visiting on my front porch when we got home.  We had a nice visit and she gave me a fun Movie Night In Kit for me and the family.  It was put together by several teachers that I used to work with, wonderful, caring ladies!  Whom I miss!  Thank you!  As soon as Shelley left, it got worse. :(  I felt like I did on Sunday. Uh oh.  I wanted to go to Marley's first softball game.  I did, but had to sit and not really move. Came home, hit the couch.  Just not right.  I am still not feeling well. I wanted to order a pizza, not sure why.  I wanted a thin crust pizza.  Instead Brad made me some pasta-which hit the spot. I think I wanted red sauce.  When I was pregnant, I ordered pizza without sauce. However, this is still the mixed bag of the flu and pregnancy.  I still feel crappy, probably going to take a nausea pill and go to bed.

Great visits-just a touch and go kind of feeling day...Tomorrow is a new day......no more belly aches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment