I finally caught a little break in my blood work. Here's the skinny: My white blood cell count, the one that is usually low, the one I have to stay away from germs, the one I take a shot for came in today at 3.7. The average range is 4.0-10. This is without the Nuelasta shot kicking in yet, so I should get a boost around Monday or Tuesday from that. That is really good for me. It got down to 1.1 and that was scary. My hemoglobin, the red blood cells, the reason for the body juice smoothie, is at 12.6! Average is 11.2-15.7. Historically I have been hanging out in the 10's so this is really good for me also. My platelet count and baby red cell count are also in the safe zone. Thank You!!! Thank every power and being for catching me a break! This just means I should feel good for the next two weeks, should-you never know. I am pretty happy really, it is one less thing to worry about.
I am blogging early because we are going off the grid for the weekend. We all need a good dose of away from here. Can't say I am looking forward to the car ride though, my stomach isn't totally iron clad yet. Today, when the nurse was doing the heparin, the cleaning drug in my port, I sucked on a hard candy and held my nose. I waited for about a good 15 seconds afterwards too. It worked. I did not taste or smell it, which then of course did not make me sick. Now I know. I was dreading the gag reflex it gives me. She said women who have had motion sickness or rough pregnancies are very sensitive to the odor/taste. That's me.
I waked the kids to school, and wore my friar halo under a hat. So far I am getting pretty positive reviews about it. I think it looks like I threw a hat on and have regular hair. It is a pretty good disguise. That may be my fall back for going in public places and not wanting to be looked at with pity. I would just be ignored, and that is fine right now. It actually gives me a little more security and confidence. Anything helps right now. I am really fighting the self loathing pity party right now. I will deal with the help of my friends and family! I really couldn't do this without you! I will miss you for Saturday night, but will return rejuvenated and rested. Have a fantastic weekend. Big Hugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment