After I blogged last night I found myself in the kitchen with my head on the counter and Brad with clippers in his hand. Marley gave me her teddy and held my hand. Off it went. It was strangely invigorating. The patchy chemo hair needed to go and this was the next step in this wicked journey. They left a dork patch in front, like we did with Dane, but I couldn't bear a picture. No way, take it all off. So now I am officially bald. I don't have a smooth head because all of my hair wasn't out, so I am a leopard. I didn't cry. I have a nice shaped head, so at least I don't have to deal with a goofy shaped noggin. I am ready for the marines. I put on the hat Kristin knit, it is my new nighttime sleepy hat, keeps my head warm. Hair keeps you warm, burr....
Didn't sleep well, lots of shifting to be comfy for the nausea. It feels like having the flu. Stomach ache, tired, not hungry, nasty taste in mouth. The whole family woke early, not sure why that happens on a weekend.... My first shower as a new me was a little freaky. I look so different. I almost had to laugh. Who was I looking at? That is something I need to get used to. My showers are faster now and I will save millions on shampoo and conditioner.
Today I did okay. I am keeping the nausea at bay. If I lay down it is better. Not a lot of appetite, but made a smoothie and had that. Lots of rest on the porch. Brad gave me the Nuelasta shot, so far so good. I am wiped out, although I rested all day. I need real sleep, deep sleep. Kids were busy all day so they were happy and kept the house fairly low key.
Tomorrow is a new day....
No comments:
Post a Comment