I have been good all week, so I am banking on my diligence of staying home and away from all kids and other germy situations that I will be able to get Round 2 of chemo tomorrow. I feel really good and would have loved to have this week to go out to lunch, go shopping and have a bit of normalcy back in my life. But I listened and stayed home. My wbc better be ready to go, I would be devastated if I got pushed back a week. I would be very, very upset. That would mean I would be stuck at home, feeling good-it may even make me clean and sort more, and who wants to do that? I just want to stick to the plan and calendar and go on the scheduled times. I am aware that whenever you think you have something mapped out, it goes in a different direction. I just hope not. That is why they invented mapquest.
I am prepared for the weekend. I have been mentally preparing for a zombie apocalypse for years, and now I have to prepare for post chemo wipe out. Killing the undead is a lot more glamorous, I must say. Carrying my bow, wearing leather pants and a sleeveless shirt, with perfectly toned arms. I have boobs in my dream, and they are perky. Long, red braided pigtails, and ass kicking black knee high boots.... That's right walkers, come to mama.... Anyway, I cleaned out my front enclosed porch and have turned it into my healing sanctuary. Or clean porch. I am blogging from there now, as Brad is crashed on MY comfy couch...and it's not 8 yet... (I just need a 10 minute nap) I have 12 windows and a French door to look out a the world from my couch. Nice. There is plenty of room for my kids to read or hang out with me. Jane brought me another great chemo kit for tomorrow and it has a healing cd, I will have that in here to sooth me to a slumber... It is one of those places that is comforting, and awesome in the rain.... which I hear we may get a shower or two....it's just been so dry, we need the rain... I have saltines and ginger ale. I have Luna bars if I get an appetite. I am as ready as I can be....Oh, I should make sure my comfy sweats are clean... I can do it, yes I can! My zombie outfit is much sexier, damn.
The hair is still on my head, thinning by the minute. The worst thought is how I may be feeling all crappy this weekend and I will sleep through the rest of my fun hairdo and I will wake up bald. Or worse, super patchy. Like a chemo patient... Nooooooo! I shall have the clippers at the ready. It is inevitable, yet not like the saying, I shall prolong it....
Overall a fine day. Did some texting, emailing and Kristin brought us lunch. We worked on a puzzle that I started a couple of weeks ago, but am not working on it too hard. I also met one of my email buddies that I accidentally connected with, who has come out the other side of this same kind of crazy. Tammy only lives a few blocks away, it is nice to have supportive friends close by. It helps fill in the void of being alone on this journey. When I see healthy, happy women who have done this, it is really good for the soul. I still have a great attitude. If you can make yourself sick, why can't you heal yourself too....
Fingers and toes, even eyes....cross them all and click your heels... I never thought I would utter these words, "I want chemo tomorrow." That would be 2 down, 2 to go of the first batch..... Half way through....
No comments:
Post a Comment