Saturday, May 11, 2013

4:20

Ha, peaked your interest right? Well it isn't the 4:20 some of you are familiar with...and if you have no clue what I am referring to, ask someone... so let's say you have grown children, ask them...if you have teenagers..don't ask them, you won't be happy.... Plus I have only heard of this 4:20 nonsense anyway....  Anyway, the 4:20 I am talking about is the time I finally left bed last night because I hadn't fallen asleep and lying there any longer listening to Brad snore was just about to drive me batty.  I got up, which I never do, and went to the porch couch.  I had my eye mask on and probably an hour later I fell asleep for about an hour.  One would think I would be exhausted, but all day I was fine. Brad called me manic, said all day I was talking 100 miles a minute.  Maybe I have hit a new side effect...crazy!  My theory is that I was so blucky all week that as soon as I was okay I had catching up to do.  Last night all I did was think, think, think... I was thinking about friends, getting a vintage camper and going on little overnights with Mars, things I want to do, etc... just couldn't stop..... Phew... I should be tired, but oddly so... it is 10:00 and I am still going..

It is safe to say that I am going to take Benadryl tonight to sleep.  Otherwise, tomorrow I am sure I will crash and I don't want to.  Speaking of tomorrow, Mother's Day, has historically been a bust.  But in the last couple of years, with threats of digging holes for their graves...things have been better. A few years ago there was this cake on the front of Bon Appetite, the most delicious looking thing, complicated too....I wanted it.   I have now had it the last two years and I am currently watching Brad put the maple espresso glaze on it.... tomorrow is redeemed by that cake alone...and Benadryl.... 

The highlight of the day was going to see Dane in his first play.  I wore my fake boobies and felt a little more confident.  I wore the hat that I got as a gift last night and felt okay about my public appearance.  I asked Dane how I looked and he said great, didn't even notice the boobies.  Natural enough eh... I fooled a 12 year old... Not Mars though...she came right up and poked...dink, dink, dink...

I am really proud of Dane for doing the play.  His part wasn't huge but he was a king and sat on a throne like royalty.  He had a cool mask and a well executed fight scene... he died well too....  He had three performances, and I chose the right one during the day, a lot less folks.  We had friends and family at each show and he is sad it is over.  That means he enjoyed it, and it kept his mind off of the yuckier things in life...

Kinda feel like I could ramble and write forever, and be the crazy lady, but I will put you all out of your  misery and hit the Benadryl.

Below is the first posted picture of me without hair in public... May we all have a good night's sleep!  No 4:20 for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment